Effective: November 8, 2022
This is the privacy notice ("Privacy Notice") of Audi on Demand, Inc. ("Audi on Demand," "we," "us," or "our").
We at Audi on Demand recognize the importance of protecting your personal information. To demonstrate our commitment to maintaining the privacy of your personal information, we have created this Privacy Notice to inform you of our privacy practices for the personal information that we collect and receive through use of our products and services either offline in person or online (collectively, the “Services”). Our online operations include all websites and applications (collectively, the “Sites”) of Audi on Demand.
What Personal Information Audi on Demand Collects
What personal information we collect depends on what Services you choose to use and how you interact with us.
- Contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and emergency contact information.
- Account information such as any username and password that you may select in connection with establishing an account on our Sites.
- Biographical and demographic information such as data of birth, age, photograph, driver’s license number, passport number, and nationality.
- Financial and payment information such as information we need to complete a rental including a credit or debit card number.
- Internet Activity such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browsing history, your search history and information on your interaction with the Sites.
- Travel details and preferences such as dates of rental, location of pickup and drop-off of a rental vehicle, vehicle preferences (e.g., vehicle size or type and use of ski or surf rack), and insurance information.
- Geolocation and Telematic Data collected from the Audi On Demand vehicle and other devices installed on the vehicle.
- Other personal information collected online or offline to help us better identify and offer Services and information that we believe may be of interest to you, or help us better understand your experience with our Services.
- Communications with us including interactions with us and contacts through social media channels.
- Inferences drawn from any of the personal information described above to create a profile about your preferences, behavior, characteristics, and attitudes.
- Sensitive Personal Information. Some of the personal information Audi on Demand collects may be considered “sensitive personal information” under certain data protection laws, such as financial information or location data collected in connection with a vehicle rental. Audi on Demand uses sensitive personal information for specific purposes such as to process transactions.
We may aggregate any personal information that we collect in connection with our Services, such that the information is no longer personally identifiable or attributable to you. We may use such aggregated information for our own legitimate business purposes without restriction.
How Audi on Demand Collects Personal Information
We may collect personal information from various sources, including:
- Personal information that you provide. We may collect personal information that you provide to us when you create an account or use our Services. Such information may include, but not be limited to, contact information (such as your name, phone number, and email address), driver’s license number, passport number, travel details, date of birth, payment information, username and password in connection with your account, emergency contact information, and photograph.
- Personal information from public or third party sources. We may collect information from publicly-available or third party sources including, but not limited to, social media and other websites that enable social sharing, government agencies, public or third party information sources, third party service providers, travel agents, or business partners, and our affiliates. We also may combine information we have collected from multiple sources.
- Personal information collected when you interact with our Sites. We collect data through our website and apps and automatically from devices you use to connect to our Services. For more information about this, please our “Cookies and Other Tools” below.
- Personal information collected when you rent a vehicle. We collect information when you rent a vehicle, including but not limited to, geolocation data, photographs including from your driver’s license, information about relevant health conditions, travel details including location where vehicle is rented and the date of rental, and vehicle preferences (e.g., vehicle type, use of ski or surf rack).
If you choose to use Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, we are not responsible for any information left in the vehicle due to your use. We cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of that information, and you must delete it before you return the vehicle to us.
If you choose to submit any Personal Information relating to other people, you represent that you have the authority to do so and permit us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
You may choose not to provide some of your personal information to us, but this may prevent us from providing our Services to you, or limit our ability to provide you with the level of service that you would otherwise expect from us. For example, we cannot rent you a vehicle without verifying that you hold a valid driver’s license.
From time to time, we may use or augment the personal information we have about you with information obtained from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and other third parties. For example, we may use such third party information to confirm or verify license information or to better understand your interests by associating demographic information with the information you have provided.
How Audi on Demand Uses Personal Information
To provide the level of service we believe you expect from us, we may use your personal information to:
- Provide and develop our Services. We collect information to provide our Services, offer support, maintain our Sites, and better understand the interests of our customers. We may also use your information to customize your experience with Audi on Demand such as recognizing you when you visit our websites, remembering your preferences, or showing you more relevant advertisements.
- Process transactions. We collect payment information to process your transactions and deliver our Services.
- Communicate with you. We use your information to respond to your inquiries from you. We may send you administrative communications regarding our Services and any rentals you may have reserved. We may also notify you about special promotions or offers that may be of interest to you and invite you to participate in surveys about our products or services.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. We may use personal information to monitor, detect and prevent fraud and improper or illegal activity and protect you, Audi on Demand, our vehicles, drivers, passengers other customers, and the public. We also use data to secure our online services including our network, websites and apps debug our online services.
- Comply with Law. To comply with applicable law, comply with Audi on Demand’s legal and regulatory obligations, and defend ourselves in litigation and investigations and to prosecute litigations
Our vehicles are equipped with Global Positioning Systems (“GPS”) that we use for vehicle tracking and anti-theft purposes. GPS allows us to determine the location of your Audi on Demand during your reservation. We also equip our cars with technology that monitors driver behavior and accident detection factors. Audi on Demand uses this data to manage where its vehicles are stored and parked, help you locate a car you have reserved, provide roadside assistance, improve our services, locate lost or stolen vehicles, and enforce our legal rights.
From time to time, we also may combine your personal information with information obtained from other sources, including third parties, in order to provide you with more customized Services and product offerings.
We may use personal information collected from any of the sources listed in “How Audi on Demand collects personal information” section of this policy for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns. We may also use inferences drawn from personal information to create a profile reflecting your preferences.
How Audi on Demand discloses your personal information
We may disclose your information within our family of companies, to our service providers, who act on our behalf, our partners and collaborators, and with other entities at your direction. Audi on Demand does not sell personal information or disclose personal information to third parties to use for their own benefit.
Below are more details on the parties to whom Audi on Demand discloses data.
- Within our family of Companies. We share data with other companies in the Audi family, including our affiliate Audi of America, our parent company, other affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Third party providers. We may provide personal information to vendors including analysis firms, auditors, payment processing companies, advertisers, customer service and support providers, communications providers, and auto insurance companies. Audi on Demand’s practice is to require its vendors to keep your personal information confidential and secure.
- Collaborators. Collaborators are partners or other organizations, such as travel companies, with which we jointly develop and/or promote our Services.
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, or business transfer. If Audi on Demand sells all or part of one of its divisions, your information may be disclosed to the buyer.
- Government, regulatory, and law enforcement agencies. Audi on Demand reserves the right to disclose your information to respond to authorized information requests from government authorities, to respond to valid judicial requests, to address national security situations, to provide security and investigate potential fraud, or when otherwise required by applicable law. Audi on Demand may also disclose your personal information as required by law to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory or government agency, court or other third party where we believe the disclosure is necessary or appropriate to comply with a regulatory requirement, judicial proceeding, court order, government request or legal process served on us, or to protect the safety, rights, or property of our customers, the public, Audi on Demand or others, and to exercise, establish or defend Audi on Demand’s legal rights.
If you use our Sites, certain information may be collected from your computer in the course of your use of our Sites. As with many websites, we may use both session based and persistent "cookies" and/or other technology (e.g., web bugs, e-mail bugs, clear GIFs, web beacons, tracker GIFs and "clickstream" data logs) in our Sites or in our electronic communications with you to enhance the functionality of our Sites and Services. These technologies also make your transactions and other activities more convenient and efficient.
"Cookies" are small amounts of data that a website can send to your web browser and store on your computer. It is our policy not to save sensitive data, such as passwords or credit card information in cookies.
Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based do- not-track (“DNT”) mechanisms, we do not respond to web browser-based DNT signals at this time. Please note that not all tracking will stop even if you delete cookies.
Third Party Use of Technology
Interest Based Advertising
We may use third-party servicing technology and service providers to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet and sometimes on our Sites. They may collect information about your visits to our Sites, and your interaction with our products and Services. They may also use information about your visits to send you targeted advertisements for goods and services. This information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, or similar technology which is industry standard technology used by most major websites.
We may also share Site usage information about visitors to our Sites with selected third parties for the purpose of targeting our Internet banner advertisements on our websites and other websites. To do this, we use web beacons and cookies provided by our third-party ad server on our Site. In connection therewith, such third parties may have access to and use information about your online usage activity. The use of advertising cookies and web beacons sent by such third-party Web servers is standard for commercial activity in the Internet industry.
Visiting Third-Party Websites
Occasionally when linking to a third-party website from our Sites, you may still see Audi on Demand affiliate logo or a Audi on Demand affiliate website frame. This is to provide you with a seamless experience when visiting our Sites. In these cases, you are no longer on our Sites but the third-party website, and therefore the information collection practices of the third party's website may differ from Audi on Demand's. The privacy notice of the third party website will govern how information collected from you is used by the owner of the website. You can always know what website you are on by checking the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) in the location bar within your browser.
Linking your Audi on Demand Accounts to Your Social Profiles
In order to provide you with more personalized services, we may give you the option of linking your social profiles with your Audi on Demand accounts on our Sites. Some of our Sites may allow you to link social profiles from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google and Windows Live. We may add or remove the availability of any or all platforms at any time in our sole discretion. This functionality is entirely optional for all users and you may link or unlink your account(s) at any time. To learn more about how Audi on Demand collects and uses this information, please refer to the “How Audi on Demand collects personal information” and “How Audi on Demand uses personal information” sections above.
Unlinking Your Accounts
You may unlink your social profiles at any time. In order to unlink your profiles, you must log into each Audi on Demand account that has been linked and then select "Unlink" next to the social media channel you wish to unlink.
In an effort to provide our customers with new ways of sharing content, we may enable some of our online content to be shared on social websites through hosted sharing links and icons. Users who share content and links through their social media profiles should be aware that all activities of this nature are public.
Please note, when you share (with or without adding your own comments) any of our content on your social media profile, that action is governed by the privacy notice of that social media platform, and not Audi on Demand's Privacy Notice. We do not track or store a record of those comments or actions.
If you choose to participate in posting or sharing activities, you are electing to share and display such public activities via our Sites. Due to the public nature of your posting or sharing your posts may be included in RSS feeds, APIs and made available to other websites via other formats. As a result, your public activities may appear on third-party websites, blogs or feeds. We are not responsible for any personal information you CHOOSE TO MAKE PUBLIC VIA YOUR SHARED POSTS.
Premium Rewards and other discounts
On occasion, Audi on Demand may offer special programs, like its Premium Rewards program, that have additional terms, privacy notices and/or consent forms that explain how any personal information you provide will be processed in connection with that program. We strongly suggest you review the terms applicable to those programs before participating. For information about these programs, how you can opt in to the programs, and how you may withdraw from the programs, please review the Terms and Conditions specific to the program(s) you are interested in.
How We Protect the Security of Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We exercise reasonable care in implementing generally accepted standards of security to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, such as firewalls and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for some of your more sensitive personal information.
Unfortunately, "perfect security" does not exist on the Internet, and no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that personal information stored on our servers, or transmitted to or from a user, will be free from unauthorized access. By using our Services and corresponding with us, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
You are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account passcode, membership numbers and pin numbers, and you will be responsible for any access to or use of our Sites by you or any person or entity using a passcode provided to you, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by or on behalf of you, and whether or not such person or entity is your employee, relative or agent. In the event of the unauthorized use of your passcode, account, or membership number, or any other breach of security involving your information as it pertains to Audi on Demand, you agree to immediately notify us. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session, control the dissemination and use of your passcode, control access to and use of your account and membership number, and notify us when you desire to cancel your account on our Sites. We will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.
In addition, some personal information will be stored on your mobile device if you choose to use our mobile app. In this case, you are solely responsible for protecting the security and integrity of all such personal information, and we are not responsible for any disclosure of personal information or for any use of your account that someone may make using the mobile app on your mobile device, even if such use is not authorized by you.
It is our policy that we will never request your sensitive personal information, such as your credit card number, passcode, membership number or pin number, in an e-mail, text or on a website that is not located at the domain name used by Audi on Demand or an affiliate. If you receive an e-mail or other correspondence requesting that you provide any such information via e-mail or to a website that is not on such domain name, please do not provide such information, and report such request to our privacy officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Marketing Choices
You can opt-out of our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes and customer satisfaction surveys, and/or withdraw your prior consent for same, by following the instructions included in the email . Upon requesting an opt out, we will work to comply with your request as soon as we can; however, please note that it often takes some time to process these requests. Therefore, it is possible that you may receive promotions scheduled prior to our receipt of your withdrawal of consent.
We may also provide additional methods for you to opt-out of having your personal information used or disclosed for promotional and marketing purposes.
Your Privacy Choices
You may have certain rights and choices regarding our processing of your personal information. Depending on where you reside, applicable law may entitle you to additional consumer rights, including the right to:
- Know the categories and/or specific pieces of personal information collected about you, including whether your personal information is sold or disclosed, and with whom your personal information was shared
- Access a copy of the personal information we retain about you
- Request deletion of your personal information
- Correct or update inaccurate personal information
- Opt-out of sharing personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes.
We reserve the right to verify your identity in connection with any requests regarding personal information to help ensure that we provide the information we maintain to the individuals to whom it pertains, and allow only those individuals or their authorized representatives to exercise rights with respect to that information. If you are an authorized agent making a request on behalf of a consumer, we may require and request additional information to verify that you are authorized to make that request.
Under some circumstances, we will use multi-factor authentication to verify your identity. We may also request additional information such as your driver’s license, which we also collect to verify you are eligible to rent a vehicle with us. For example, if we suspect an access request is fraudulent, we will request additional information in order to verify your identity.
We reserve the right to deny your request if we cannot verify your identify. Where we deny your request in whole or in part, we will endeavor to inform you of the denial, provide an explanation of our actions, and the reasons for the denial.
We will not restrict or deny you access to our Services because of choices and requests you make in connection with your personal information. Please note, certain choices may affect our ability to deliver the Services. For example, if you ask us to delete your license information, you will not be able to rent or drive a Audi on Demand vehicle unless you provide us with your current license information.
If you wish to contact us to access or correct your personal information we have, or to inquire or provide feedback about our privacy practices, you can email us directly at email@example.com or submit a request via our app.
Mobile and Location-Based Services
Where you consent, Audi on Demand may provide apps that can be downloaded to smart phones or other devices. These apps provide services and may collect personal information that will be used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Audi on Demand apps may use the device’s Global Positioning System (GPS) technology to provide relevant location-based information. To the extent any geo-location data is combined with personal information, that information will be treated as personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
You may stop sharing your location data by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
Note, if you rent a vehicle from us, we will collect GPS data for vehicle tracking, anti-theft purposes, and customer support services. To learn more about how Audi on Demand uses this data, please see the “How Audi on Demand uses personal information” section above.
Our Sites and Services are not directed to children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, then please stop using our Sites or our products and Services and do not provide us with personal information of any kind whatsoever. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will endeavor to delete that information.
International Data Transfers
The Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Any information you provide to us through use of the Sites and Services may be stored and processed, transferred between and accessed from the United States and other countries which may not guarantee the same level of protection of personal information as the one in which you reside. We may need to send your personal information overseas as part of our normal business operations. Provided the data protection laws of these other countries differ from those in the United States, please be assured that we take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may at any time in our sole discretion revise or update this Privacy Notice. We will post any changes on this page and indicate at the top of this page the date this Privacy Notice was last revised. You may read a current, effective copy of this Privacy Notice at any time by visiting this page. We will also notify you of any material changes either through a pop-up notice, email or through other reasonable means. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Notice in order to keep apprised of any changes.
If you have questions about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like to request to exercise any individual rights, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the following address or call our toll free number:
Audi on Demand
211 E. 7th St. #1000
Austin, Texas 78701
Toll free number: 855-953-1977